The fact that you are reading this right now signals that we have officially arrived at the last weekend of June. From the availability of vaccinations for all adults in the U.K. to a dramatic group stage of the Euros 2020, it’s been an eventful month.
So, let me tell you what has kept me busy, motivated and (duh!) joyful this month. I hope they might help brighten up some of the greyer days of summer for you too!
- Euros 2020 – The Euros 2020 have most definitely injected some much needed excitement back into our lives again, and oh, how we have missed it! Whether you are watching from home with your family or getting down to the pub with your friends, it feels amazing to have a reason to celebrate again. Maybe this year it really is coming home! If not, let Portugal keep the trophy please… one of the two.
- The Bold Type – If you haven’t heard of The Bold Type, it is a tv show on Netflix that boasts four seasons, with the fifth and final season dropping any day now. The show follows three Millennial best friends living in New York City who all work for the same women’s magazine. But, before you write it off as just another light-hearted New York dramedy, it is important to highlight the varied, realistic and often incredibly challenging subject matter the show explores; from Breast Cancer to sexual exploration in a raw yet sensitive way. If you are in the 24-30 age bracket then this tv show will definitely make you feel seen.
- Drama Queens Podcast – It wouldn’t be a ‘favourites of the month’ post without adding a nostalgia podcast to the list. What can you do when one of your favourite fictional trios from your teenage years offers up a behind the scenes look at the show that sky-rocketed them into Hollywood. This is a podcast for all the One Tree Hill fans, courtesy of the Peyton, Brooke and Hayley, aka the Tree Hill High girls you have always wanted to sit with… and now you can! Click here to listen to the first episode now.
- ClassPass – You probably know what ClassPass is; either you are a member and swear by the variety of fitness classes and treatments on there, or you are one of those who wishes they could afford a membership. I belong to the latter group! ClassPass have always offered a free trial whereby you can use 20 credits to try out any fitness classes you like, but if you’ve already exhausted that method, now existing members can also refer friends. I have loved making the most of my friend’s referral to get better at spinning and even try out a Reggaetón dance class. It was so much fun and gives you a huge confidence boost! Click here to check out ClassPass.
- Greenlights – Greenlights is Matthew McConaughey’s first book; part autobiography, part guide to catching more ‘greenlights’, aka those moments in your life where you manage to turn red traffic lights to green. McConaughey writes truthfully, lyrically and with bucket-loads of humour about his childhood, entry into Hollywood and personal life. You’ll adore taking a dive into this book if you are a Matthew McConaughey fan or if you are at all interested in the film industry.
- Montezuma’s Happiccino Coffee Chocolate – If you love coffee and you love chocolate, then this coffee-flavoured chocolate will make your tummy grumble for more. This bar is not too strong to replace your daily coffee, but definitely energising enough to put an extra spring in your step. Plus, the brand is all about creating a happier, more sustainable planet through fair trading and recyclable/compostable packaging. Click here to give into your cravings!
- Vagabond Wines – It’s been a while since I’ve been to a Vagabond wine bar and there are now nine locations throughout London! However, earlier this week I visited the Paddington branch and although the quintessential wine tasting is on pause due to the pandemic, the food and wine is just as delicious as ever. Might I recommend the Mixed Sharing Platter and Truffle Fries… Thank me later!
- Clinique Dramatically Different BB-Gel – As the days get warmer and longer, I have not been in the mood to slather a layer of foundation onto my skin. However, when I go out I do like to use a product that will help blur imperfections and keep oil at bay, while letting my skin breath. Enter the Clinique Dramatically Different BB-Gel; it goes onto the skin white and then blends with your natural colouring to provide a light coverage base that allows your natural skin texture to shine through. It’s the product that you need to nail the ‘no makeup makeup’ look this summer, I promise. Click here to check it out!
I hope you enjoyed my Joys of June and let me know if you try, do, watch, read or listen to any of my favourite things above. Here’s to the month of July! I’m manifesting another scorcher of a heat wave and either a Portugal and England Euros 2020 victory. Vamos com tudo / It’s Coming Home kids!
None of the items, shows, or books featured were gifted by the brands mentioned and I was not sponsored for this post. All opinions are my own.